The deadline for CO-OP THINK Prize 13 entries is fast approaching, with credit union hopefuls needing to submit their entries by Fri., Sept. 28 to become eligible for the $10,000 grand prize sponsored by MasterCard.
You can find complete details and apply here.
CO-OP Financial Services founded the CO-OP THINK Prize in 2010. The purpose of the prize is to inspire innovative solutions to the issues confronting the credit union industry. These solutions can take any form – such as an innovative application of technology, a new process for back office efficiency or a fresh approach to industry advertising and marketing.
Though the ideas can vary widely, the judging criteria for entries are based on four main standards – impact, creativity, aggregation (the application of the idea across the industry) and implementation (the ability to be adopted quickly).
The $10,000 grand prize goes to the individual entrant, who may use it toward executing their idea, though they are not obligated to do so.
For CO-OP THINK Prize 13, the red letter dates are:
- Sept. 28, 2012. Deadline to submit an entry (entrants fill out an online questionnaire that briefly states their idea).
- Oct. 30, 2012. A total of 25 semi-finalists will be notified, and invited to produce a detailed business plan, on or about this date.
- Dec. 19, 2012. Semi-finalist business plans are due.
- Jan. 31, 2013. A total of three finalists will be notified on or about this date.
- March 25-April 19, 2013. On-line voting takes place.
- April 29-May 2, 2013. THINK 13 Conference is held in Chicago, Ill.
- May 1, 2013. The CO-OP THINK Prize 13 winner is announced.
The 25 semi-finalists and then the three finalists are selected by judges from CO-OP Financial Services and an industry panel.The ultimate winner is based on scoring by the panel of judges; online voting at http://co-opthink.org/think-prize; and on-site voting by registered THINK 13 Conference attendees. All three finalists and a guest of each are invited to the THINK 13 Conference, with CO-OP Financial Services covering their travel and lodging costs.
You can follow the CO-OP THINK Prize 13 competition at http://co-opthink.org/think-prize. But we hope you will do more – help our movement with your creative thinking!
Bill Prichard is the Manager, Public Relations and Corporate Communications, at CO-OP Financial Services, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. He can be reached at 800-782-9042, ext. 3450 or email@example.com.