Independent Un-Conference Features Contrarians, Collaborators and Comedians Dedicated to Credit Union Progress
The second annual CU Water Cooler Symposium, an independent gathering of progressive credit union industry talent at FORUM Conference Center, has announced its official agenda. Attendees from 20 states and three Canadian provinces have already registered for the two-day event starting on September 29 thanks, in large part, to its reputation for interactivity, iconoclasm and unique insight.
- Ron Shevlin, Aité Group Senior Analyst and author of Everything They’ve Told You About Marketing Is Wrong, challenges conventional wisdom regarding financial service marketing and social media with “Quantipulation: The Art of Using Numbers to Create Marketing Myths and Misconceptions.”
- Jayson Halladay, Piggymojo Founder and CEO, discusses how new ideas can help connect with consumers by solving their problems in “The Mojo of Transformational Ideas.”
- Denise Wymore, Del Norte Credit Union VP-Marketing, explores how Baby Boomers have destroyed the American economy and, without change, the credit union movement in “The Boomification of Credit Unions.”
- Charlie Trotter, Constellation31 Principal and Creative Director, peels back the curtain on how the people who make neat things make neat things in “Demystifying Creativity (Or, Vacationing in the Emerald City.”
- Roundtable discussion with credit union social media pioneers, trendsetters and thought leaders
Speakers were selected much in the same way content is selected for the event’s namesake, cuwatercooler.com. The site’s nine editors each chose a speaker that aligned with their interests. A 10th speaker, 1st Advantage VP-Marketing Jim Craig, was selected by public vote.
Ticket sales for the event continue through September 29, but registration is capped at 200 attendees. A full agenda for the CU Water Cooler Symposium can be found at www.cuwatercooler.com/agenda/.